groSolar is a leader in the brownfield solar market, constructing solar on properties which were once thought to have little to no development potential. We have expertise developing PV projects atop technically challenging and environmentally sensitive sites such as brownfields, municipal solid waste landfills, open water and wastewater treatment tanks, Superfunds, and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) landfill caps. This experience is vital to developing appropriate safety guidelines, training standards, and design parameters that will take into consideration the unique challenges of these sites.
To have groSolar conduct a solar feasibility assessment on your site, complete an assessment request form.
Benefits of Solar Systems on Landfills
Direct Positive Benefits
- Defray the costs of landfill site monitoring and cleanup with a revenue generating solar system
- No upfront capital required
- Create predictable, stable electric rates
- Reduction in annual landfill landscaping costs
Create Added Value
- Utilize low-valuable land for renewable energy
- Provide distributed energy generation to the nearby community and other energy users
- Create local construction jobs
No Additional Risk to the Site
- Ballasted PV systems do not require penetrations and have no moving parts
- Remain compliant with environmental and other regulations governing brownfield sites
- Remain compliant with existing gas management energy generation plans